On December 15, 2015, federal prosecutors charged 21 people of Oromo descent are charged under the ATP. The defendants include students, farmers and businessmen. Since the first major crackdown following the Oromo protests in April 2014, dozens of students were arrested and charged with terrorism. EHRP is following the case of Olana Kebede et al and will post important facts and developments on its website.
የኢህአዴግ የሩብ ምዕተ ዓመት አገዛዝ በሰብዓዊና ዴሞክራሲያዊ መብቶች ረገድ ለኢትዮጵያውያን ምን አተረፈላቸው? ብሎ መጠየቅ አግባብ ነው። በቅርቡ የተደረገ የህዝብ የአስተያየት ስብስብ(Poll) ገዥው ፓርቲ ስለራሱ ከሚያስበውና ደጋፊዎቹም ከሚስብኩት ርቆ ይገኛል። እስቲ ይህን ምጥን መሰናዶ አድምጡና የህዝቡን ግምገማ ውጤት ተመልከቱ
Like us on Facebook
- Names of defendants under Nigits Yirga et.al, charged with terrorism. #FreeNigist #Ethiopia #Amharaprotests https://t.co/tuXdwxh1UP 1 hour ago
- Court adjourned the case of Nigist Yirga et.al to Jan 31, so that the defendant can submit their preliminary objection against the charge. 3 hours ago
- Federal high court, 4th criminal bench have read the charge that brought against Activist Nigist Yirga & 5 others. #Ethiopia #AmharaProtests 3 hours ago
- RT @africamedia_CPJ: A letter from jailed #Ethiopian journalist #DarsemaSori in today's #AddisStandard online. Free him & others now. https… 2 days ago retweeted via africamedia_CPJ
- RT @abenezer_a: Activist Nigist Yirga will appear in court. Follow trial updates from @EHRProj @addisstandard #FreeNigistYirga et al https:… 2 days ago retweeted via abenezer_a