Name: – Tewodros Asfaw
Age: – 27 years old
Address: – Addis Ababa
Current situation: – Qilinto prison
The reason why I am jailed: – I think they arrested because of my political opinion and for being active member of opposition parties, mainly UDJ and Semayawi parties.
Prosecutor’s official charge against me:- Federal prosecutor charged me of violating Article 7(1) of the Anti-Terrorism Proclamation (ATP) with other defendants under the charge file of Tinsaye Berisso. My hearings are now at federal high court, Lideta bench
The following rights violations are committed against me in prison:–
- During my prison stays in Maekelawi for four months.
- I was badly beaten during the arrest.
- They didn’t show me arrest warrant when they arrest me.
- Four interrogators have beaten me frequently in Maekelawi.
- I was interrogated at nights.
- They insulted me.
- I was being held incommincado for weeks
- I was held in dark and cold room.
- They forced me to confess and sign on a paper that would be brought as evidence against me.
2. In Qilinto prison
- I was held in dark room for three months (from August to October 2016).
- I was denied of my right to be visited from family and friends for months
- I experienced insults and harassments.
- I was not able to recive food from my family while I was held in dark room for three months
I was born and raised in Addis Ababa. I attended my primary and secondary schools in Addis Ababa. I studied in Bahir Dar University and graduated with a BA degree. I was a civil servant until i got arrested. I was living with my families.
I was member of UDJ party and I am currently a member of Semayawi Party.