Ethiopia Human Rights Project has signed an open letter to Boris Johnson, UK Foreign Secretary, asking him to reconsider his refusal to call for Ethiopia to return British national Andy Tsege to the UK. The letter, co-signed by Reprieve, Article 19, Fair Trial, and Redress, is a response to Johnson’s own letter in which he stated he […]
Archive | campaigns RSS feed for this section
Ethiopia Human Rights Project has signed an open letter to Boris Johnson, UK Foreign Secretary, asking him to reconsider his refusal to call for Ethiopia to return British national Andy Tsege to the UK.
Addressing the escalating human rights crisis in Ethiopia. An escalating human rights crisis in Oromia and Amhara Regions
To Permanent Representatives of Members and Observer States of the UN Human Rights Council Geneva, 8 September 2016 RE: Addressing the escalating human rights crisis in Ethiopia (PDF) Your Excellency, The undersigned civil society organisations write to draw your attention to grave violations of human rights in Ethiopia, including the recent crackdown on largely […]
Ethiopia: Civil society groups urge international investigation into ongoing human rights violations
Press Statement Ethiopia: Civil society groups urge international investigation into ongoing human rights violations 30 August 2016 download the PDF file A group of civil society organizations are calling for an independent and impartial international investigation into human rights violations in Ethiopia, including the unlawful killing of peaceful protesters and a recent spate of arrests […]
List of individuals that are arrested and charged in federal level, in related with ongoing Oromo protests From April 2014 up to present.
Download the PDF here
Charged on – May 4th 2016 Plaintiff: Federal Public Prosecutor Defendant – Yonatan Tesfaye Crime – Violation of Article 4 of the Anti – Terrorism Proclamation (ATP ) Number of defendant – 1 Click here for the charge
Like us on Facebook
- Names of defendants under Nigits Yirga et.al, charged with terrorism. #FreeNigist #Ethiopia #Amharaprotests https://t.co/tuXdwxh1UP 1 hour ago
- Court adjourned the case of Nigist Yirga et.al to Jan 31, so that the defendant can submit their preliminary objection against the charge. 3 hours ago
- Federal high court, 4th criminal bench have read the charge that brought against Activist Nigist Yirga & 5 others. #Ethiopia #AmharaProtests 3 hours ago
- RT @africamedia_CPJ: A letter from jailed #Ethiopian journalist #DarsemaSori in today's #AddisStandard online. Free him & others now. https… 2 days ago retweeted via africamedia_CPJ
- RT @abenezer_a: Activist Nigist Yirga will appear in court. Follow trial updates from @EHRProj @addisstandard #FreeNigistYirga et al https:… 2 days ago retweeted via abenezer_a